Goals And Objectives
Strategic goal of the Association is formation of a civilized and transparent market of collection services to ensure efficient repayment of overdue debts to the country economy, adhering to the ethical norms of collection.
NAPCA main objectives are: fostering infrastructural development of collection business in Russia, cooperation with state bodies for the purpose of creation of new and enhancement of existing draft laws in the field of bad debt management, implementation of industry ethical standards and control of their observance by the association members.
1. Enhancement of the industry legislative and regulatory base in the professional debt collection market:
- Bringing to state bodies’ notice the position of the professional community on relevant issues;
- Participation in preparation of regulatory documents that affect the interests of the Association members;
- Fostering adoption of a special industry law to state clearly collectors’ rights and responsibilities, as well as requirements for borrowers;
- Development of professional business and ethical standards; preparation of regulatory requirements for collection agencies, as well as for employees of banks, microfinancing and other lending organisations.
For many years, the Association has been developing and issuing methodological recommendations on standards for debt sale and agency-based collection, methods of incentivizing and quality control of DCAs (debt collection agencies), collection market research and reviews.
Consolidation of the industry experience conducted by NAPCA made a reliable basis for state regulation. The next objective that the Association sets for itself is fixing rights and responsibilities of professional collectors at the level of legislative norms.
NAPCA is actively monitoring the situation with legislative initiatives in the field of collection market regulation, promptly bringing forward their assessment and offers for their adjustment.
At present, the Association is participating in the task force with the Ministry of Economic Development as a key industry expert for development of the law on collection activities conducted under instructions of President of the Russian Federation.
2. Promotion of ethical standards in the field of collections and control over their observance by professional collection agencies:
- Protecting the rights of financial services consumers;
- Carrying out activities aimed at raising financial awareness of the population, preparing educational materials;
- Control of NAPCA members’ compliance with the Ethical Code of the Association;
- Opposition against unlawful and unethical collection methods.
In 2015, the Association dealt with more than 3 thousand submissions from private individuals. NAPCA broadly cooperates with government bodies and social agencies processing people’s complaints at actions of debt collection agencies. The Association’s activity for promotion of the Code of Ethics and consumer consulting is aimed at elimination of unlawful and unethical collection methods and improvement of the collection market reputation, alongside with enhancement of financial awareness and responsibility of private individuals.
Download file here The Code of Ethics NAPCA
3. Methodological support of economic and legal aspects of the activity of DCAs – members of the Association:
- Cooperation with regulatory bodies for the purpose of formation of more convenient business environment;
- Assistance to Association members in client acquisition, facilitating access to financial resources, other aspects of business;
- Raising confidence in the professional collection market and Association members;
- Working with providers of services for the collection business;
- Development of high-end collection technologies;
- Education and legal consulting.
The Association holds industry business conferences, round tables and educational workshops, conducts legal monitoring and expert review of decisions made by executive and judicial bodies on lending and collections issues.